Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for isoproterenol
- ‘With few exceptions, the order of potency on adrenoceptors is noradrenaline, adrenaline, isoprenaline, while on the adrenoceptor, the order is reversed.’
- ‘Transferring patients to a specialist centre with recurrent syncope or significant hypotension, regardless of the use of isoprenaline infusions and external pacing is not acceptable.’
- ‘Measurements were not subjected to analysis if the patient was receiving any inotropic support other than isoprenaline.’
- ‘Difficulty in obtaining the raw material for isoprenaline has driven the recommendation of low dose epinephrine as an alternative treatment.’
- ‘A quick puff of isoprenaline and asthma sufferers experiencing an attack or shortage of breath were breathing evenly again just 30s after inhaling the drug.’
1950s: from elements of the systematic name N-isopropylnoradrenaline.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.