One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crustacean of the order "Isopoda", such as a wood louse.
- ‘The precopulatory mate guarding of amphipods and isopods is another example of mating effort by males.’
- ‘The molting style of isopods provides the final problem for the interpretation of fossil isopods.’
- ‘The water in the center of the atoll is undrinkable and holds only pond weed and biting isopods (a type of small crustacean).’
- ‘Studies of fouled arthropods include horseshoe crabs, isopods, stomatopods, lobsters, and true crabs.’
- ‘As we watched, cockroaches, earwigs, isopods, and other small arthropods ran to escape the advancing waves of ants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.