One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crustacean of the order Isopoda, such as a wood louse.
- ‘Studies of fouled arthropods include horseshoe crabs, isopods, stomatopods, lobsters, and true crabs.’
- ‘The water in the center of the atoll is undrinkable and holds only pond weed and biting isopods (a type of small crustacean).’
- ‘As we watched, cockroaches, earwigs, isopods, and other small arthropods ran to escape the advancing waves of ants.’
- ‘The precopulatory mate guarding of amphipods and isopods is another example of mating effort by males.’
- ‘The molting style of isopods provides the final problem for the interpretation of fossil isopods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.