One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Your abdominal and erector spinae muscles isometrically contract to stabilize your torso as you move.’
- ‘Muscle tension was recorded isometrically under a resting tension of 10 mN as reported previously.’
- ‘The first simulations involved static rigid-beam models, assuming the mandible to be nonflexible and muscles to contract isometrically.’
- ‘Afterward, you should feel a greater pump in the isometrically contracted arm because you recruited many more muscle fibers.’
- ‘The authors solve this problem for isometrically coiled shells in a very elegant manner that takes advantage of the spiral curves' inherent geometry.’
- ‘Squeeze your contracted muscle isometrically as you complete each rep to intensify the effort and maximize the pump.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.