Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of a specified compound to an isomer.
- ‘The evolution of protein disulfide isomerases presents a difficult but important phylogenetic question.’
- ‘Ordinary corn syrup is treated with the enzyme glucose isomerase which converts glucose to fructose.’
- ‘Sucrose isomerase catalyses the reversible conversion of sucrose into palatinose, which is not further metabolizable by plant cells.’
- ‘In nature, the function is performed by the enzyme triose phosphate isomerase.’
- ‘Phosphoglucose isomerase is a protein with multiple functions.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.