One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hydrophobic amino acid that is a constituent of most proteins. It is an essential nutrient in the diet of vertebrates.
- ‘ALS is a mitochondrial enzyme involved in the biosynthesis of the branched-chain amino acids isoleucine and valine.’
- ‘Contents of alanine, valine, isoleucine, and leucine were increased by anaerobic conditions.’
- ‘Key essential amino acids are valine, leucine, isoleucine, tryptophan and methionine.’
- ‘Branched-chain amino acids are composed of leucine, isoleucine and valine, three of 18 amino acids that make up a complete protein.’
- ‘Relative to other protein sources, whey has a high concentration of branched-chain amino acids - leucine, isoleucine, and valine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.