Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for isozyme
- ‘Adverse drug reactions are possible if the drug is an inhibitor of CYP isoenzymes and disrupts enzyme function.’
- ‘These new findings highlight the physiological importance of different GS1 isoenzymes in plant nitrogen metabolism.’
- ‘In pathogens, there are multiple and independently regulated pectate lyase isoenzymes which are encoded by different genes.’
- ‘Human alkaline phosphatase isoenzymes have attracted much interest because of their clinical implications.’
- ‘Catalase isoenzymes responded differentially, the most acidic isoforms being the most sensitive to Cd treatment.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.