One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A technique of electrophoresis in which the resolution is improved by maintaining a pH gradient between the electrodes.
- ‘Sickle cell disease can be diagnosed in newborns, as well as older persons, by hemoglobin electrophoresis, isoelectric focusing, high-performance liquid chromatography or DNA analysis.’
- ‘The first separation is achieved by isoelectric focusing that separates protein polypeptide chains according to amino acid composition.’
- ‘Protein polymorphisms were detected using electrophoretic and isoelectric focusing methods modified from a variety of published sources.’
- ‘Proteins were separated by isoelectric focusing over a pH range of 3-10.’
- ‘For this study, electromorphs were typed by agarose gel electrophoresis or isoelectric focusing.’
- ‘Through the technique of isoelectric focusing, about 100 genetic variants of AAT have been identified to date.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.