One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having or involving no net electric charge or difference in electrical potential.
- ‘For instance, whey protein is least soluble at its isoelectric point - 4.2 to 4.5 pH for lactalbumin, and 5.3 to 5.5 for lactoglobulin.’
- ‘This is because separation according to the isoelectric point and the molecular weight are carried out through time-consuming gel electrophoresis analysis.’
- ‘The mature protein consists of 377 amino acids with an estimated isoelectric point of 5.9 and a calculated molecular mass of 42.4 kDa.’
- ‘This revealed the presence of three or four acidic proteins with slightly different isoelectric points.’
- ‘The use of polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis also can be used to determine the isoelectric charge of proteins (pI).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.