One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Occurring at the same time.
- ‘A demultiplexer for an isochronous multiplex signal is described which signal consists of isochronous sub-signals interleaved block by block.’
- ‘A 1394 port can support isochronous data, delivering data at a guaranteed speed.’
- ‘This is not the case unless the hub supports delivery of both the standard Ethernet and isochronous channels.’
- ‘An isochronous data pipe provides a bidirectional path for data between an application and a bus structure.’
- ‘The respective isochronous packets are transferred to a digital TV system through the 1394 link layer 33 and the physical layer 95.’
- 1.1 Occupying equal time.
Early 18th century (in the sense ‘equal in duration or in frequency’): from modern Latin isochronus (from Greek isokhronos, from isos ‘equal’ + khronos ‘time’) + -ous.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.