One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An island governed by a single autonomous body.‘the island state of Tasmania on the south’
- ‘A coalition of 40 island states recently blocked an attempt to postpone a major 120-country meeting on climate change.’
- ‘One major scene for solar progress is Hawaii, a sun-drenched island state with some of the best resources for solar and wind energy.’
- ‘Off the southeast coast lies the island state of Tasmania.’
- ‘The need for preservation of wilderness areas also became more pressing, especially in the small island state of Tasmania.’
- ‘Food produced in the island state of Tasmania may in the future include a picture of a cow on each package of meat.’
- ‘His latest project is a new National Library for the island state of Singapore.’
- ‘Visitor arrivals to the island state are on the rise.’
- ‘Originally, we are told, she hailed from Tasmania, the Australian island state.’
- ‘Land is at a premium in the island state of Singapore.’
- ‘If our findings can be generalized, then there is little doubt that special events will boost tourism in small island states.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.