One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[NO OBJECT]usually as noun island-hopping
Travel from one island to another, especially as a tourist in an area of small islands.
- ‘It has more than 120 services a day throughout the islands, making island-hopping simple if money is not an issue.’
- ‘Learn self-rescue skills plus tidal navigation and you can head offshore to go island-hopping for the weekend.’
- ‘More laid-back activities include fishing and island-hopping.’
- ‘The Family Islands have plenty of variety, though, which makes island-hopping a good option.’
- ‘They stand within sight of one another, but they are surprisingly different and this makes them ideal for island-hopping.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.