One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially of fluid motion) not rotational; having no rotation.
- ‘Didn't Rafe understand that an ideal fluid is incompressible and lacks viscosity, and its flow is steady and irrotational?’
- ‘In essence, 3D flows can be considered as complex combinations of irrotational and rotational strains that vary in space with time.’
- ‘She told him about an important difference between the irrotational wave he had just described and a rotational wave.’
- ‘In addition, the postulated role of vorticity production near the head is at variance with inviscid, irrotational models.’
- ‘The fluid is irrotational at all points, except next to a vortex street wake behind the fish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.