Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(especially of fluid motion) not rotational; having no rotation.
- ‘In addition, the postulated role of vorticity production near the head is at variance with inviscid, irrotational models.’
- ‘The fluid is irrotational at all points, except next to a vortex street wake behind the fish.’
- ‘She told him about an important difference between the irrotational wave he had just described and a rotational wave.’
- ‘Didn't Rafe understand that an ideal fluid is incompressible and lacks viscosity, and its flow is steady and irrotational?’
- ‘In essence, 3D flows can be considered as complex combinations of irrotational and rotational strains that vary in space with time.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.