Showing or feeling slight anger; annoyed.‘the irritated look on Alec's face’
- ‘Calamine lotion is difficult to remove from an irritated area of skin.’
- ‘This will help loosen respiratory secretions and soothe irritated lungs and breathing passages.’
- ‘Atman's normally calm face grew irritated and impatient.’
- ‘A water mist is continuously sprayed into the tent to provide humidification to soothe the baby's irritated airway.’
- ‘An irritated stomach lining can cause pain, nausea or heartburn.’
- ‘Fluids help keep nasal passages moist, prevent dehydration, and soothe an irritated throat.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.