One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He flexed his hands on the reins, causing his stallion to shake his head and snort irritably as its bit was jerked slightly.’
- ‘He looked down irritably at the mess, then defiantly at me, and walked on, passing a litter bin without so much as a glance.’
- ‘For the next month male deer will be irritably scratching and shaking their heads until their majestic antlers fall off.’
- ‘There are no insufferable people socializing irritably around their outdoor dining tables.’
- ‘A few of her groupies snickered, but as Izzy glanced irritably over her shoulder, they all silenced.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.