One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A widespread condition involving recurrent abdominal pain and diarrhea or constipation, often associated with stress, depression, anxiety, or previous intestinal infection.
- ‘The irritable bowel syndrome is characterized by abdominal pain, altered bowel habits and various other digestive symptoms.’
- ‘Sometimes, gas indicates a digestive disorder such as irritable bowel syndrome or celiac disease.’
- ‘These tests will help exclude any other causes of your symptoms such as food poisoning or irritable bowel syndrome.’
- ‘Similarly, do many of the patients thought to have irritable bowel syndrome actually have celiac disease?’
- ‘Stress can worsen symptoms of conditions such as peptic ulcer, irritable bowel syndrome and ulcerative colitis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.