One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He was also a fanatical steeple-chaser, of whom David says irreverently: ‘He used to fall off a lot until I started training his horses.’’
- ‘‘Blasphemy’ is speaking of god irreverently or ‘impiously’.’
- ‘I have heard some of his colleagues irreverently refer to him as Paddy.’
- ‘In the great tradition, he uses old soul records both lovingly and irreverently.’
- ‘Conservative critics should pay closer attention to what South Park so irreverently jeers at and mocks.’
- ‘This man, whom we irreverently called Alfie, attempted to enforce military discipline on all of us.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.