One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Memories, Sonnabend contends, are confabulations, artificial constructions that we design to protect ourselves against the irretrievability of past events in the face of our inevitable amnesia.’
- ‘Kelly Riechart's critically acclaimed road movie is a richly textured account of the irretrievability of the past.’
- ‘It bespeaks a loss of something, while denying complete irretrievability of the absent object.’
- ‘The enquiries for documents are answered within one business day, while enquiries for availability or irretrievability are answered within three business days.’
- ‘Thankfully, they don't find resolution, and the film's touching final ambiguity, regarding the irretrievability of the past, is truly haunting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.