One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The enquiries for documents are answered within one business day, while enquiries for availability or irretrievability are answered within three business days.’
- ‘Memories, Sonnabend contends, are confabulations, artificial constructions that we design to protect ourselves against the irretrievability of past events in the face of our inevitable amnesia.’
- ‘It bespeaks a loss of something, while denying complete irretrievability of the absent object.’
- ‘Thankfully, they don't find resolution, and the film's touching final ambiguity, regarding the irretrievability of the past, is truly haunting.’
- ‘Kelly Riechart's critically acclaimed road movie is a richly textured account of the irretrievability of the past.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.