One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But it is true that a key area that divided them was the issue of the treatment of India's Muslim minority, and this may be where the two men's admirers diverge irreconcilably.’
- ‘Left-wing opinion was irreconcilably opposed to the war.’
- ‘By the same logic, anyone deciding to not be a part of it will be totally and irreconcilably excluded from it.’
- ‘Forde's play asks a series of questions: What happens when our convictions - and our callings - clash irreconcilably with those of our neighbours?’
- ‘There's no reason to think we all need to agree on everything, but neither is there a reason to think that we want is fundamentally and irreconcilably different.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.