One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The process or fact of irradiating or being irradiated.
light, lighting, radiance, gleam, glitter, brilliance, glow, glare, dazzle, flash, shimmerView synonyms
- ‘They also might be considered as anticancer drug candidates in combination with UVA irradiation.’
- ‘The quantification of these compounds was performed by chromatography before and after laser irradiation.’
- ‘Most of the patients who are treated with radiation therapy are treated with external beam irradiation.’
- ‘Five days after gamma irradiation seedlings were stained for the presence of GUS.’
- ‘UV-B irradiation was performed either in the absence of other light sources or in the presence of white light.’
- ‘Food irradiation - unpopular in the past - is starting to gain more acceptance.’
- ‘Neutron or ion irradiation hardens the material but not enough to prevent use in nuclear reactors.’
- ‘Of the 21 patients alive at the end of the follow-up, 17 had received postoperative irradiation.’
- ‘I recently finished a paper on food irradiation for my nuclear issues class.’
- ‘Approximately 80 % of cells survived the ultraviolet irradiation.’
- ‘Cranial irradiation for tumors of the central nervous system can result in growth hormone deficiency.’
- ‘Currently, the two most common methods of sterilization are ethylene oxide treatment and gamma irradiation.’
- ‘At no time did the patient undergo cranial irradiation.’
- ‘Much attention has been paid to what kind of DNA damage caused by UVA irradiation is responsible for the genotoxicity.’
- ‘But he stressed that irradiation is actually a process which should make some products safer.’
- ‘The use of postoperative adjuvant irradiation in breast conservation and after mastectomy is increasing.’
- ‘Patients receiving total body irradiation for bone marrow transplant conditioning must also be considered at risk.’
- ‘Under visible light irradiation, much longer durations were necessary to achieve similar absorbance decreases.’
- ‘After a prolonged period of dark growth, light irradiation does not elicit pigmentation.’
- ‘Different concentrations of BPA as well as different periods of irradiation with thermal neutrons were studied.’
The apparent extension of the edges of an illuminated object seen against a dark background.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.