One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Australian eucalyptus tree with thick, solid bark and hard, dense, durable timber.
Genus Eucalyptus, family Myrtaceae: several species
- ‘Most people know about the famous Mediterranean herbs such as basil and oregano, but Peter's passion is to introduce people to Australian herbs such as lemon ironbark and bolwarra.’
- ‘Winter flowering of red ironbark across central Victoria was much depressed, so that the abundant nectar resource that many nectarivorous species normally rely on was greatly reduced.’
- ‘The piles were tarred ironbark and the beams were kauri with iron brackets to brace them.’
- ‘I drive up the Parade and daily I am made happy by the row of mighty ironbarks on its median strip.’
- ‘All sites were similar floristically, being dry, open woodland dominated by red ironbark, a winter-flowering species.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.