A terrier of a rough-haired light reddish-brown breed.
- ‘A bargeman was sculling in a small boat in the vicinity, and along with him in the boat was a dog of the Irish terrier breed.’
- ‘Before that, a series of Irish terriers served as the official mascots.’
- ‘There are more than 50 traditionally docked breeds recognised by the Kennel Club, including cocker spaniels, pointers, Irish terriers and vizslas.’
- ‘Two joggers rushed to the scene, just off Chadwick Hall Road in Bamford, after being alerted by the frantic barking of the Irish terrier.’
- ‘The Irish terrier, who lives with owner Pamela in Keighley, was put on a strict diet after his weight rocketed to almost five stones.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.