One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The only noticeable change was in his growing irascibility with the passing years.’
- ‘The nastiness of these exchanges can be partially explained by the irascibility of some of the personalities involved, but it also reflected fundamental disagreements about methods and goals.’
- ‘Wendy is more pragmatic, gently chiding staff who do not serve customers quickly enough, and acting as an emollient to those whose egos have been bruised by her father's irascibility.’
- ‘The chairman has built a hugely effective public persona built on irascibility.’
- ‘She is at once an intellectual giant, the personification of hostile irascibility, and a kind and gentle great-grandmother.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.