One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘the pizza chain is looking to go public with an IPO later this year’short for initial public offering
- ‘In September 1998 the planned IPO was scuttled at the last minute.’
- ‘He was unable to turn the company's high-flying plans into a successful IPO.’
- ‘How can we raise a hundred million in an IPO?’
- ‘I was convinced that the IPO stock was being distributed to the wrong investors.’
- ‘To entrepreneurs, IPOs offer the promise of funding for their businesses and rewards for their hard work.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.