One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- as modifier ‘a digital media transport system that runs over standard IP networks’short for Internet Protocol
- ‘On the other hand, Ethernet and IP are scalable, universal technologies.’
- ‘Now Unicom's IP network has the capacity to support up to 10 billion minutes annually.’
- ‘Each computer on the network is known by a unique set of numbers, its IP address.’
- ‘So even though IP telephony is a potentially disruptive technology for the marketplace, it doesn't act disruptively in people's lives.’
- ‘TOEs, or TCP offload engines, are chip-level hardware solutions that address the problem of interpreting the TCP/IP stack in software.’
- ‘we are respectful of the rights and IP of other developers’short for intellectual property
- ‘You have a studio that wants to produce a game with IP they do not own.’
- ‘Sometimes I'm willing to defend the companies that assert their IP rights but this one is a little extreme.’
- ‘His company remains the sole owners to the IP rights for the game and the brand.’
- ‘Creators receiving grants retain all of their IP and associated rights.’
- ‘He wants to take them to court to make an example out of them for future IP infringers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.