One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An operating system used for mobile devices manufactured by Apple Inc.as modifier ‘both the iPod touch and the iPad are iOS devices’
- ‘Certain software elements, like iOS, were not availabe.’
- ‘They are intended to be read only from the iBooks app on an iOS device.’
- ‘Having a solid understanding of the evolution of Mac OS and iOS will be a challenge.’
- ‘For my part, I like Apple's approach to the iOS platform.’
- ‘Expecting developers to design iOS interfaces for three screen sizes seems a bit hard to swallow, too.’
Early 21st century: from i- as in iPod and other products manufactured by Apple Inc. and an abbreviation of operating system.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.