Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An operating system used for mobile devices manufactured by Apple Inc.[as modifier] ‘both the iPod touch and the iPad are iOS devices’
- ‘For my part, I like Apple's approach to the iOS platform.’
- ‘They are intended to be read only from the iBooks app on an iOS device.’
- ‘Expecting developers to design iOS interfaces for three screen sizes seems a bit hard to swallow, too.’
- ‘Certain software elements, like iOS, were not availabe.’
- ‘Having a solid understanding of the evolution of Mac OS and iOS will be a challenge.’
Early 21st century: from i- as in iPod and other products manufactured by Apple Inc. and an abbreviation of operating system.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.