One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance which is able to transport particular ions across a lipid membrane in a cell.with modifier ‘calcium ionophores’
- ‘Temperature altered the membrane properties homogeneously, whereas the ionophore increased order heterogeneously.’
- ‘Control experiments were conducted with ionomycin added in the absence of divalent cation to identify any contributions to laurdan fluorescence caused directly by the ionophore.’
- ‘Light microscopy of stained mitochondria from the mutant cells treated with nigericin revealed that the ionophore was able to restore their defective morphology to an almost normal appearance.’
- ‘The presence of K + ionophores eliminates the osmotic pressure due to K + ions.’
- ‘The same holds for the application of a transmembrane potential that is limited to the generation of a diffusion potential by the usage of ion-specific ionophores.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.