One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A solid used in ion exchange, typically a special cross-linked synthetic resin or a zeolite.
- ‘The water was purified by percolation through a mixed bed ion exchanger followed by an activated carbon column and a microfilter.’
- ‘The water was purified by percolation through a mixed bed of ion exchangers followed by an activated carbon column and a microfilter.’
- ‘Ion exchange is a reversible exchange of ions between a solid ion exchanger and a liquid solution.’
- ‘To perform their secretory and absorptive functions, epithelial cells are equipped with a variety of ion channels, ion pumps, ion exchangers, and solute carriers, which enable transport of substances across the cell membrane.’
- ‘Because of the high density of fixed negative charges associated with the sulfate groups of heparin, the matrix acts like a cationic ion exchanger that regulates the release of histamine during exocytosis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.