One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Thyroideal cells are exposed to endogenous H202 that acts as a cofactor for the iodination of thyroxin precursors.’
- ‘Fortunately, in most countries, lack of dietary iodine has been combated by iodination of common salt.’
- ‘The recognition of goitre as a national problem led to the development of effective counteractive measures culminated in the National Goitre Control Programme through iodination of common salt.’
- ‘In Britain the best recognized region is the Peak District and this is the reason why this goitrous condition is known colloquially as ‘Derbyshire neck’: but iodination of table salt has now made it rare.’
- ‘Glutathione peroxidase in thyroid tissue also controls thyroglobulin iodination.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.