One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of iodic acid.
- ‘A related salt, potassium iodate, is less bitter, and may stay down better in babies.’
- ‘The integrated iodate and total-iodine concentrations accompanying accelerated growth of natural phytoplankton in eight 14-m deep mesocosm experiments did not vary significantly.’
- ‘Does one then need the potassium iodate tablets issued by the Irish Government for emergency use in the event of a nuclear accident?’
- ‘For acid-base reactions, sodium carbonate, sodium tetraborate, benzoic acid, potassium hydrogen phthalate, and potassium hydrogen iodate make up the complete list.’
- ‘Amid concerns for safety in light of continued terrorist threats, the watchdogs at Consumerlab.com in June released a review of potassium iodide/potassium iodate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.