One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Difficult to comprehend; complicated.‘a long, involved conversation’
complicated, intricate, complex, elaborateView synonyms
- ‘I had thought about writing a long and involved piece on how the reality of prepared food rarely comes close to the ideal.’
- ‘Actually the conversation was slightly more involved than that, but that was how it basically went.’
- ‘In the past, the Law Society has said that there could be an involved process if it were to seek to investigate such cases.’
- ‘When all of them descend on a small Ohio town, the complications are hilariously involved and tuneful.’
- ‘This is quite a complex and involved question with a number of points to be addressed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.