One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In other words, it was the involuntariness of a subject's behavioral response which characterized it as being a hypnotic response.’
- ‘Descartes builds on a familiar argument in the history of philosophy, an appeal to the involuntariness of sensory ideas.’
- ‘Sexual orientation's involuntariness, which is largely beyond dispute, is separate from its origin, which is still controversial, even among sympathetic scientists.’
- ‘He stated that the Stanford scales were lacking because they did not directly measure the involuntariness of a subject's behavioral responses during the routine scale administration.’
- ‘The Crown, of course, can negative involuntariness, prove that it was a willed act, without establishing that there was in fact an intention to kill, without proving murder.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.