One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having no or negligible viscosity.
- ‘If viscosity is artificially added in an inviscid model, it has only a small effect on performance.’
- ‘Spence studied a two-dimensional airfoil placed in an inviscid, incompressible, steady fluid flow, in particular a thin jet coming from its trailing edge of the airfoil.’
- ‘The actual model we use is that of a thin elastic plate that overlies an inviscid fluid.’
- ‘For the high Reynolds numbers commonly associated with insects, birds, and fish, these propulsive forces are generally well described by inviscid flow theory.’
- ‘In addition, the postulated role of vorticity production near the head is at variance with inviscid, irrotational models.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.