Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A level of credit rating for stocks regarded as carrying a minimal risk to investors.
- ‘The shares plunged a record 42 per cent in the two days after Moody's Investors Service cut its rating to below investment grade, and Standard & Poors said it may follow.’
- ‘Corporate bond issuance in October totaled $76 billion, all but $5 billion of which was investment grade.’
- ‘The ratings are commonly known as " junk " grade, as compared with investment grade that involves smaller default risks.’
- ‘Moody's Investors Service's decision on Oct. 8 to raise the country's sovereign debt rating to investment grade will probably send billions in fresh capital Russia's way.’
- ‘According to a Bank of Ireland spokesman, its exposure to the sector is three per cent of its total assets; 90 per cent of this is investment grade.’
- ‘Once Singh gets the deficit under control, India's credit rating could be raised to investment grade for the first time, says Fitch Ratings' chief executive in India.’
- ‘Indeed, the company's strong liquidity position partly accounts for the reason its debt rating hasn't yet sunk below investment grade.’
- ‘One bad year for profits or a tragic chain of events may cause a company's debt obligations to be downgraded to a level below investment grade.’
- ‘Instead of downgrading the state's credit rating below investment grade, the rating agencies agreed to extend credit, provided the state pay $84 million up-front to a consortium of large banks.’
- ‘Last week Standard & Poor's raised its long-term foreign currency rating on Bank of Communications to just one level below investment grade with a positive rating outlook, which indicates there will be further upgrades in the future.’
- ‘Also, many of of the company's structured investments were in investment grade, so they thought they had a reasonable level of protection against loss.’
- ‘During the first three quarters of 2001, 12 corporate issuers rose from speculative to investment grade, says Standard & Poor's, but 39 fell from grace.’
- ‘Fitch's long-term foreign currency rating for the Philippines remains at BB level, two points below investment grade, while Standard and Poor's is lower at BB minus.’
- ‘But if the company's credit rating fell below investment grade and the stock fell below a certain point, it could be on the hook for the partnership's $915 million in debt.’
- ‘Finance minister saw further affirmation of his policy of liberalising external borrowing by sound Indian corporates in Moody's upgrade of Indian foreign currency rating from junk to investment grade.’
- ‘The big Asian sovereign bonds tracked by investors and investment indices reaped dividends last year when the market began pricing in their anticipated transformation from junk to investment grade.’
- ‘The country's rating was raised from B3 to B2, but again this is still five levels below investment grade.’
- ‘They are subordinated obligations of the insurance group but enjoy a single A investment grade rating from the credit rating agency Standard and Poors.’
- ‘Russia's corporate elite have traveled so far along the road to transparency and reform that Moody's Investors Service just upgraded the country's sovereign debt to investment grade.’
- ‘The low investment grade rating is due to high debt levels.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.