An enzyme produced by yeast that catalyzes the hydrolysis of sucrose, forming invert sugar.Also called sucrase
- ‘Grape sugar is mainly composed of glucose and fructose, produced after sucrose hydrolysis by invertase during grapevine maturation.’
- ‘Enzymes shown are invertase, sucrose synthase, cytosolic AGPase, and plastidic AGPase.’
- ‘The major function of invertase is to catalyse sucrose hydrolysis.’
- ‘Soluble sugars were determined colorimetrically after hydrolysis of sucrose by invertase.’
- ‘Stressed cells also had higher activities of sucrose cleaving enzymes, such as alkaline invertase and sucrose synthase.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.