One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme produced by yeast that catalyzes the hydrolysis of sucrose, forming invert sugar.Also called sucrase
- ‘The major function of invertase is to catalyse sucrose hydrolysis.’
- ‘Soluble sugars were determined colorimetrically after hydrolysis of sucrose by invertase.’
- ‘Stressed cells also had higher activities of sucrose cleaving enzymes, such as alkaline invertase and sucrose synthase.’
- ‘Enzymes shown are invertase, sucrose synthase, cytosolic AGPase, and plastidic AGPase.’
- ‘Grape sugar is mainly composed of glucose and fructose, produced after sucrose hydrolysis by invertase during grapevine maturation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.