One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being inventive; creativity.‘the inventiveness of the staging’‘his comic inventiveness’
creativity, originality, innovation, invention, imagination, imaginativeness, creative power, creative talent, creative gift, fertility, ingeniousness, resourcefulness, enterpriseoriginality, innovation, unusualness, freshness, novelty, newness, break with traditionView synonyms
- ‘Today, his comedies are remembered for their level of artistry, inventiveness and trenchant sarcasm.’
- ‘She remarked on the imagination, inventiveness and creative power of Corina's work.’
- ‘Alliances with other individuals expose our talents and creative inventiveness.’
- ‘It is done with all the skill and inventiveness of artists on the New York subway, but this is not turf warfare-this is street politics.’
- ‘This is what inventiveness and creativeness mean: with limited means creating rich and excellent ends.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.