One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Although not definitive, recent studies have shown that early initiation of lipid-lowering therapy is safe and effective in both medically and invasively treated patients.’
- ‘Indices of diastolic dysfunction can be obtained non-invasively with Doppler echocardiography or invasively with cardiac catheterisation and measurement of left ventricular pressure changes.’
- ‘Since then, it has spread invasively and now covers over 44 percent of the habitat for two endangered plants on the Humboldt Bay dunes.’
- ‘They cultivate a huge crop of it and once the plants' paratroops have descended on my territory, the roots spread so invasively that everything else gives up and goes.’
- ‘Many kidney conditions can now be treated less invasively by a percutaneous approach through the loin, retrograde approaches through the urethra, bladder, and ureter, or laparoscopy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.