One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person or group that invades a country, region, or other place.‘it is a country that has repelled all invaders’‘the arrival of Spanish invaders’
attacker, raider, plunderer, pillager, marauder, looterintruder, trespasser, violator, encroacher, infringerView synonyms
- ‘By the age of 16, this son of peasant farmers was in charge of a country under attack from Communist invaders.’
- ‘It's not easy, as we are constantly having to repel invaders, swatting them away like so many mosquitoes.’
- ‘His cross is the same as the cross of Wotan which Norse invaders of Scotland carried.’
- ‘The programme will examine archaeological and genetic evidence to trace the impact the invaders had on Britain.’
- ‘He located a tire iron amid the stinging rubble and sprang forth to attack the invaders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.