One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The unconscious adoption of the ideas or attitudes of others.‘Hesse's introjection of his parents' emotional values’
- ‘Identification is a process which may be conscious or unconscious, comprising the processes of introjection, projection and judgement, and through which people are able to find the links of identity and difference amongst themselves.’
- ‘This is essentially the biological cycle of ingestion and elimination, becoming the psychological cycle of introjection and projection.’
- ‘Such sensibilities are formed, in part, by introjection via previous encounters with screen cultures.’
- ‘Suppose, further, that these are essential to accounting for the other basic psychoanalytic categories like phantasy, projections, introjections, denial, defense, repression etc.’
- ‘The exercises enhance introjection of the therapist as a ‘good object’ and the self as ‘good me’.’
Mid 19th century: from intro- ‘into’, on the pattern of projection.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.