One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Antibiotics are usually started intravenously in the hospital, but many people can finish their treatment at home.’
- ‘Chemotherapy agents often take hours to administer intravenously, and patients have to be watched closely for side effects.’
- ‘Technically, it is easier to administer fluids subcutaneously than intravenously.’
- ‘If we try to give gene therapy intravenously, it probably won't make it to all the tumour cells.’
- ‘This regimen advises that an initial dose of insulin be given intravenously and intramuscularly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.