Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Within the uterus.
- ‘The weakness of longitudinal studies is that, overall, first births are at a greater risk of intrauterine growth retardation, preterm birth, and stillbirth than subsequent births.’
- ‘Iron supplementation may improve maternal appetite, thereby increasing energy consumption during pregnancy with resultant increased intrauterine growth.’
- ‘Labor is a process through which the fetus moves from the intrauterine to the extrauterine environment.’
- ‘Being underweight and exercising excessively can increase the risk of anovulation, subfertility, and intrauterine growth retardation in pregnancy’
- ‘When appropriate, the use of an intrauterine contraceptive device or other barrier method of birth control is ideal.’
- ‘If monitoring of the middle cerebral artery indicates anaemia, fetal blood sampling and intrauterine transfusion are indicated.’
- ‘Several months ago, I delivered a 36-week fetus with intrauterine demise.’
- ‘Sonographic evaluation at presentation can usually differentiate between intrauterine and extrauterine pregnancy and offer some prognostic clues.’
- ‘Its superior resolution allowed much smaller intrauterine and ectopic pregnancies to be detected immediately.’
- ‘Ultrasound picture of an ovary stimulated for in vitro fertilisation using a more aggressive regimen than used for intrauterine insemination’
- ‘A history of any trauma, prematurity, asphyxia, or congenital intrauterine infection that may damage the central nervous system should alert the clinician.’
- ‘After counselling, she declined the insertion of an intrauterine contraceptive device, preferring the progestogen only regimen.’
- ‘Upper genital tract infection associated with intrauterine contraceptive devices is temporally linked to the insertion of the device.’
- ‘This is called artificial insemination or intrauterine insemination.’
- ‘If no correctable problem exists, the couple may wish to pursue treatment with assisted reproductive technologies such as intrauterine insemination.’
- ‘The principal causes are hypertensive disorders of pregnancy and severe intrauterine growth restriction, which is often associated with hypertensive disorders.’
- ‘Both studies emphasized treatment as early as possible in pregnancy to improve the intrauterine environment for the developing fetus.’
- ‘Two otherwise healthy pregnant women presented with intrauterine fetal demise and underwent unremarkable induction of labor.’
- ‘Careful stimulation and monitoring in intrauterine insemination cycles should reduce the risks of too many follicles developing.’
- ‘On a purely physical level, it makes sense to lie down for a few minutes after artificial intrauterine insemination, although not all infertility clinics insist on this.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.