One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Here is an openness and intransitivity, an attentiveness that is both alert and unfixed, the ‘radical break with transitivity’ that excites Foucault in the Bataille essay and that he characterizes as ‘Greek’.’
- ‘Or in other words, can intransitivity or immediacy become transitive and mediated?’
- ‘The intransitivity of preferences must be negotiated.’
- ‘Of even the transitive verbs several occur in isolation from their normal object and continue this state of intransitivity where the normal relations between process and object are suspended.’
- ‘They will instead adjust their preferences to eliminate the intransitivity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.