Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A local or restricted communications network, especially a private network created using World Wide Web software.
- ‘Newsletters, email, and the intranet can create lots of duplication and mixed messages.’
- ‘The proliferation of Web-based content on corporate intranets, extranets and Web pages has provided a daunting array of challenges.’
- ‘Its products allow users to log into the system from a remote location via the internet or a local intranet.’
- ‘Increased Internet use, mobile computing, intranets and extranets, and e-commerce initiatives are integral to business communications.’
- ‘An intranet is the networking medium and it provides a stable messaging and collaboration platform.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.