Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A local or restricted communications network, especially a private network created using World Wide Web software.
- ‘Increased Internet use, mobile computing, intranets and extranets, and e-commerce initiatives are integral to business communications.’
- ‘The proliferation of Web-based content on corporate intranets, extranets and Web pages has provided a daunting array of challenges.’
- ‘Newsletters, email, and the intranet can create lots of duplication and mixed messages.’
- ‘An intranet is the networking medium and it provides a stable messaging and collaboration platform.’
- ‘Its products allow users to log into the system from a remote location via the internet or a local intranet.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.