Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
attributive Occurring within one day.‘the dollar slipped from an intraday high of 104’
- ‘Crude oil prices rose during Asian trading to just below an all-time intraday peak of $49.40 a barrel set in late August’
- ‘Using the very same second screen indicator that is used prior to entering the trade, the short-term trader can use intraday occurrences of market reversals to exit the trade.’
- ‘These confluence levels allowed traders to see where a stock, future, commodity, or currency had the greatest probability of pausing or reversing on intraday charts.’
- ‘The volume of intraday trading displays typical chart patterns, such as a rounded bottom formation demonstrating lowest volume in the late morning when the traders take their breaks.’
- ‘The incessant intraday struggle between the bulls and the bears to wrest power away from each other drives market rallies and precipitates market declines.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.