The state of being intoxicated, especially by alcohol.‘signs of intoxication’‘the intoxication of fame’
drunkenness, inebriation, insobriety, tipsiness, stupefactionView synonyms
- ‘Alcohol meters to test levels of intoxication are being acquired.’
- ‘It is our task to deal with all conditions of burns, intoxications and traumas, all kinds of accidents and falling off high places and metabolical conditions.’
- ‘But when you consider the levels of intoxication and the students' smutty fratboy humour, nothing is so certain.’
- ‘Six jurors believed, like the coroner, that it was acute cocaine intoxication.’
- ‘The test is recommended for on the spot testing whenever alcohol consumption is planned or intoxication is suspected.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.