One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I had only just turned my back when she tapped her pen intolerantly on the counter in a sharp, staccato rhythm.’
- ‘In fact, there is a long history of social democrats acting intolerantly, and at times brutally, towards those further to the left.’
- ‘It is even more intolerantly communal in its attitude to the prophets and reformers within its own fold.’
- ‘And how can those who profess to revere this charismatic figure, propound views so intolerantly divergent from those of their great leader?’
- ‘On a bad day, it prompts me to grumble intolerantly as my partner clatters about, getting ready for his long day at the office.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.