One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Our figures clearly show a mean increase in what we call intolerability, or the extent to which the world makes you want to scream.’
- ‘If the proposition be sound, the corollary must be that when the conditions of detention deteriorate to the point of intolerability, the detainee is entitled immediately to go free.’
- ‘Thirdly, the guidance fails sufficiently to acknowledge the heavy presumption in favour of life-prolonging treatment and to recognise that the touchstone of best interests is intolerability.’
- ‘Both delineated the intolerability of a pastorate that reified historical constructions of the self and its inner life and that then exploited this reification to its own advantage.’
- ‘The US Army recommended that more trials be conducted in which soldiers were moved closer to ground zero ‘until thresholds of intolerability are ascertained’ - but this idea was turned down by the authorities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.