One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of intimidating someone, or the state of being intimidated.‘the intimidation of witnesses and jurors’‘the election was marred by allegations of government intimidation and vote-rigging’
frightening, menacing, terrifying, scaring, alarming, terrorization, terrorizing, cowing, subduing, daunting, unnervingView synonyms
- ‘Threats and intimidations notwithstanding, the twin cities came alive with youngsters presenting themselves in all dazzling colours - clothes, bikes, and of course partners.’
- ‘A schoolboy was today behind bars for subjecting a family to a campaign of terror and intimidation.’
- ‘We are more often than not the victims of rape, violence, threats and intimidation.’
- ‘Confidence in the strength of their ideas will give people the will to stand up to the threats and intimidation.’
- ‘Otherwise intimidations or harassments follows and you simply cannot win a government contract without political affiliation or patronization.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.