One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Islamic law limits disposition by will to one-third of property; the law relating to the remaining fixed shares, and intestacy in general, is complex.’
- ‘By adopting someone who would automatically go to the front of the line for inheritance purposes in the event of intestacy, a decedent can deprive other angry relatives of standing to contest the will.’
- ‘But if he dies without a will, the laws of intestacy determine who inherits what.’
- ‘Similar questions arise when the licensor becomes bankrupt or dies, and his trustee in bankruptcy or those entitled under his will or on intestacy seek possession of the property.’
- ‘As noted in that Schedule, for purposes of distribution on an intestacy, the deceased was survived by fourteen nieces and nephews among whom, the net estate should have been divided equally.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.