One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who interviews someone, especially as a job.‘she took time to answer questions from radio interviewers’
- ‘Any themes brought up by respondents were explored by the interviewer.’
- ‘She hated hearing him tell interviewers all about the inner thoughts of the man she had dreamed up all on her own.’
- ‘In a much-repeated comment, he told the interviewer, "Fashion, like fascism, is about loss of identity."’
- ‘Answering the unseen interviewer, three peasant women reply, matter-of-factly, yet smiling, "I'm not sure what happiness means."’
- ‘They also talked with former interviewers to solicit feedback.’
- ‘That seemingly curious response to the interviewer's question turns out to be perfectly accurate.’
- ‘An interviewer in Rome once asked me who was my favorite movie director.’
- ‘He asked interviewers not to publish these events during his lifetime.’
- ‘Using this flashback format, both lead characters are separately questioned in the present by an off-screen interviewer.’
- ‘Using a tag team of interviewers on camera in this way produces an undertone of comedy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.