Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation caused by the rubbing of one area of skin on another.
- ‘Pigmentation is enhanced after healing of superficial inflammation like intertrigo.’
- ‘The differential diagnosis of erythrasma includes psoriasis, dermatophytosis, candidiasis, and intertrigo.’
- ‘Inflammation of perineal skin folds is called intertrigo.’
- ‘In addition to potentially life-threatening conditions, extremely obese patients may be troubled by conditions associated with skin compression, such as intertrigo and venous stasis ulcers.’
- ‘The severe inflammation is less common for intertrigo alone, and a likely incomplete response to antifungal treatment would prompt a search for other diagnostic possibilities.’
Early 18th century: from Latin, a sore place caused by rubbing from interterere rub against each other.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.